The Budwig diet has been successfully helping people with cancer, but also Arthritis, Asthma, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Blood Pressure, Multiple sclerosis, Heart Disease, Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne and other chronic conditions.
To start the diet, you will need to have 3 appliances:
- A coffee bean grinder to grind the flaxseeds.
- An immersion hand-held blender (a stick-shaped mixer) It’s important to use an electric mixer rather than stirring by hand.
- A Juice Machine a masticating type juicer is said to give a more healthful juice than a centrifugal type. Budwig Diet Flaxseed Oil and Cottage Cheese (FOCC) or quark recipe:
Generally, each tablespoon of Flaxseed Oil (FO) is blended with 2 or more tablespoons of organic Cottage Cheese (CC) or quark.
- To make the Budwig gruel, blend 3 Tablespoons of flaxseed oil (FO) with Quark or Cottage Cheese (CC) with a hand-held immersion electric blender for up to a minute If the mixture is too thick and/or the oil does not disappear you may need to add 2 or 3 Tablespoons of milk (goat milk would be the best option). Do not add water or juices when blending FO with CC or quark. The mixture should be like rich whipped cream with no separated oil. Remember you must mix ONLY the FO and CC and nothing else at first. Always use organic food products.
- Now once the FO and CC are well mixed grind 2 Tbps of whole flaxseeds and add to the mixture. Please note that freshly ground flax seeds must be used within 20 minutes after being ground or they will become rancid. Therefore, do not grind up flaxseeds ahead of time and store.
- Next mix in by hand or with the blender 1 teaspoon of honey (raw non-pasteurized is recommended)
- (Optional) For variety you may add other ingredients such as sugar free apple sauce, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon juice, chopped almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews (no peanuts), pine kernels, rosehip-marrow. For people who find the Budwig gruel hard to take these added foods will make the mixture more palatable.
- (Optional) Add ground up Apricot kernels (no more than 6 kernels per day). Or you may decide to eat these apricot kernels on their own.