Magnesium is a mineral that’s crucial to the body’s function. Magnesium helps keep blood pressure normal, bones strong, and the heart rhythm steady. Magnesium helps digestion and supports people with crohns’s disease & kidney disease. Studies show that many people in the U.S. aren’t eating enough foods with magnesium. Adults who consume less than the recommended amount of magnesium are more likely to have elevated inflammation markers.
If you suffer from leaky gut, even if you are taking magnesium supplements, you might not be absorbing the nutrients. Also, my children can’t swallow a pill and refuse to drink magnesium powder drinks. Magnesium calms them at bed time and we make a ritual of spraying it on their skin and 10 minutes later rubbing calming essential oils on their feet.
Please note that I recommend Magnesium citrate in supplement form because it is the most easily absorbed. However when applying magnesium transdermally ( applied to skin) , you will want to use these Magnesium Chloride flakes.
- ½ cup Magnesium Chloride flakes
- ½ cup distilled water
- A glass bowl or glass measuring cup
- A glass spray bottle (plastic will work too)
- Boil the distilled water. It is important to use distilled to extend the shelf life of the mixture.
- Put in the Magnesium Chloride Flakes in the glass bowl or measuring cup and the pour the boiling water over it.
- Stir well until completely dissolved. Let cool completely and store in the spray bottle. Can be stored at room temperature for at least six months.
- Apply to skin (transdermally) espeically in areas that absorb the most, such as groin, stomach, hairline, armpits & soles of the feet.